This book will provide growers, lanscapers, architects and others with all necessary information for cultivation of palms and their identifications.
Few years back when people thought of palms only Coconut, Taal, Khajur or Supari would come to their mind, known for their economic importance. When it came to oenamental palms, they would think of Bottle palm, Royal Palm, Areca palm, Fishtail, Rhaphis, China palm, etc.
Contents of the book
- Why palms are becoming so popular?
- Propogation of palms through seed germination
- Collection and viability of palm seeds
- Viability of palm seeds
- Water proof labeling
- Cleaning of palm seeds
- Pre-treatment for beter germination
- Process of germination
- Preparation of seed beds
- Germinating media
- Protection of seeds during germination process
- Palm seeds requiring special germinating conditions
- Germinating conditions
- Process of excavating seeds for potting
- Propogation by division
- Type of potting mix for seedling
- Fertilizing young palm seedlings
- Selection of pots or bags for potting palm seedlings
- Positioning of palm seedlings as per shade or sun requirements
- Transplantation of palms
- A-Z palm description with images and pronounciation
- Categorisation of palms
1. By Demand Draft :
Please send Rs 290 by Demand Draft favouring ‘Sahayog Hortica Pvt Ltd’ Payable at Kolkata, and send to at the following address :
Sahayog Hortica Pvt Ltd.
2. By Cash Deposit (Including Shipping) :Deposit Rs 340 (Including Rs 50 for Bank Charges No Hidden charges are applied) to one of the following accounts :
State Bank of India, Rasapunja Br ( A/C No : 30678260023, IFSC Code : SBIN 0008375)
Karnataka Bank Ltd
Karnataka Bank Ltd, Main Br ( A/C No : 1477000600003101, IFSC Code No : KARB 0000147)
US $ 15.00 (Printed Version)
US $ 2.99 (Download)
Palms for India....a book by Sri. Dinesh Rawat.
This handbook is the only available guide book for cultivation of ornamental Palms in India subcontinent. Useful for growers,buyers, sellers and traders. Must for Landscapers,gardeners and nurserymen. learn to recognise and pronounce names correctly. Description through icons are easy to understand. Guidance from seed collection to transplantation. Find out which palm will thrive in your climate and soil.
Also featured in the "GREEN MIRACLE MAN". A presentation on Sri Dinesh Rawat and his effort in saving this planet from the threat of Global Warming. 'Palms for India' became the best seller and the only book on Palms written by an Indian Author. This book has been instrumental in creating awareness about Palms in India.Browse on youtube...>>>
See What Readers Have to Say.
Buy the printed version
Buy the ebook version